What are the Precautions and Installation Points of Gate Valve?
Gate Valve is an opening and closing gate. The movement direction of the gate is perpendicular to the fluid direction. The gate valve can only be fully opened and fully closed, and cannot be adjusted or throttled. The gate valve is sealed by the contact between the valve seat and the gate. Usually, the sealing surface will be welded with metal materials to increase wear resistance, such as 1Cr13, STL6, stainless steel and so on. The gate has rigid gate and elastic gate. According to the different gates, the gate valve is divided into rigid gate valve and elastic gate valve.
As a China Gate Valve leading Supplier, share the precautions with you:
1. The hand wheel, handle and transmission mechanism are not allowed to be used for lifting, and collision is strictly prohibited.
2. The double gate valve should be installed vertically (that is, the valve stem is in the vertical position and the handwheel is at the top).
3. The gate valve with bypass valve should open the bypass valve before opening (to balance the pressure difference between the inlet and outlet and reduce the opening force).
4. The gate valve with transmission mechanism shall be installed in accordance with the instructions of the product instruction manual.
5. If the valve is frequently opened and closed, lubricate it at least once a month.
6. The gate valve is only used for the operation of the medium on all kinds of pipelines or equipments that are fully open and fully closed. Throttling is not allowed.
7. For gate valves with handwheels or handles, no auxiliary levers can be added during operation (if the seal is not tight, the sealing surface or other parts should be checked and repaired). Turn the handwheel and handle clockwise to turn off, otherwise turn on. The gate valve with transmission mechanism should be used in accordance with the product instruction manual.
DIN F4 Gate Valve
1) The installation position, height, and import and export directions must meet the design requirements, and the connections should be firm and tight.
2) The handles of all kinds of manual valves installed on insulation pipes must not be downward.
3) The valve must be visually inspected before installation. The nameplate of the valve should comply with the current national standard "General Valve Mark" GB 12220. For valves with a working pressure greater than 1.0 MPa and a cut-off function on the main pipe, strength and tight performance tests should be carried out before installation, and only approved after use. In the strength test, the test pressure is 1.5 times the nominal pressure, and the duration is not less than 5min. The valve housing and packing should be qualified without leakage. During the tightness test, the test pressure is 1.1 times the nominal pressure; the test pressure shall meet the requirements of the GB 50243 standard for the duration of the test, and the leakage of the sealing surface of the valve disc is qualified.
4) The handwheel, handle and transmission mechanism are not allowed to be used for lifting, and collision is strictly prohibited.
5) The gate valve with transmission mechanism should be installed in accordance with the product instruction manual.
Our company also has DIN F4 Gate Valve on sale, welcome to consult.