Do you know the Selection Criteria of Check Valves?
As a Flange Check Valve Manufacturer, share with you.
Swing Check Valve
1. In order to prevent the medium from flowing backward, check valves should be installed on equipment, devices and pipelines;
2. The check valve is generally suitable for clean media, and should not be used for media containing solid particles and large viscosity;
3. Generally, horizontal lifting check valves should be used on horizontal pipes with a nominal diameter of 50mm;
4. straight-through lifting check valve can only be installed in horizontal pipelines;
5. For the inlet pipeline of the pump, a foot valve should be selected. The foot valve is generally only installed on the vertical pipe of the pump inlet, and the medium flows from bottom to top;
6. Lifting type has better sealing performance than swing-opening type, and has larger fluid resistance. It should be installed on horizontal pipelines horizontally and vertically on vertical pipelines.
7. The installation position of the swing check valve is not limited. It can be installed on horizontal, vertical or inclined pipelines. If it is installed on vertical pipelines, the medium flows from bottom to top.
8. Swing Check Valve should not be made into small diameter valve, it can be made into high working pressure, the nominal pressure can reach 42MPa, and the nominal diameter can also be made very large, which can reach 2000mm or more. Depending on the material of the housing and seal, it can be used for any working medium and any working temperature range. The medium is water, steam, gas, corrosive medium, oil, medicine, etc. The working temperature range of the medium is between -196--800 ℃;
9.Swing check valve is suitable for low pressure and large caliber, and its installation is limited;
10. The installation position of the butterfly check valve is not limited. It can be installed on horizontal pipelines, or on vertical or inclined pipelines.
11. The diaphragm check valve is suitable for pipelines that are prone to water hammer. The diaphragm can well eliminate the water hammer generated when the medium is countercurrent. It is generally used on low pressure and normal temperature pipelines, especially suitable for tap water pipelines. The temperature is between -12--120 ° C, the working pressure is less than 1.6MPa, but the diaphragm check valve can achieve a larger diameter, and the maximum DN can reach more than 2000mm;
12. Ball check valve is suitable for medium and low pressure pipelines, and can be made into large caliber;
13. The housing material of the ball check valve can be made of stainless steel, and the hollow sphere of the seal can be wrapped with PTFE engineering plastic, so it can also be applied to the pipeline of general corrosive media, and the working temperature is -101--150 Between ℃, its nominal pressure is ≤4.0MPa, and its nominal passing range is between DN200 and DN1200;
14. For the selection of check valves for incompressible fluids, the required closing speed must first be evaluated, and the second step is to select the type of check valve that may meet the required closing speed;
Our company also has Check Valve 6 Inch on sale, welcome to consult.